If you’re going on the Laos Tour, you need to read this message in its entirety. If you’re not going to Laos, it’s an optional read, but we like to keep you informed.
FLIGHTS & ACCOMMODATION
See attached Excel file with Player, Flights and Accommodation details. If your information is either missing or incorrect, please reply to this email with your details. We need this information for booking transport from/to airports and hotel.
Remember: The club will organise and cover cost of hotel for members.
The club will organize airport transfers for the nominated tour flights, but you cover your own cost.
INSURANCE & TOUR SHIRT BUNDLE
Both insurance cover on game day and tour shirts are compulsory, so we’ve bundled together for the cost of THB600. For those who want insurance cover on other days (Fri &/or Sun), it’s an extra cost of THB300 per day – this is optional not compulsory.
You will need to obtain a visa to enter Laos; all the information you need is here: http://www.laos-guide-999.com/visa-on-arrival.html
It’s recommended that you have all documents and payment prepared in advance to speed up the process at the border.
TOUR DETAILS (provided by Lao Elephants)
When and where
24th January 2014 @ 1900 : Welcoming function – Sticky Fingers Restaurant (103/3 Francois Nginn St)
25th January 2014 @ 900 – 1030 : Auskick, Vientiane International School (Phonesavanh Road Saphanthong Tai Villagem Sisattanak District)
@ 1130 Bus to SE Asia Games Stadium (pick up from Bor Pen Yang)
@ 1245 – 1700 Competition Games, SE Asia Games Stadium
@ 1730 Bus returns to Bor Pen Yang
@ 1930 Post event function, Bor Pen Yang Bar
Games will be played at the South East Asia Games Stadium located about 20km out of town on Route 13 (Kaisone Phomvihan road), Ban Sanghin, Xaythany District, Vientiane Capital. It takes about 30 minutes from the centre.
The stadium has seating for 20,000 people, hopefully enough space for the anticipated crowds of supporters!!
This competition will be a 12 a side competition consisting of the following teams:
· Lao Elephants National Team
· Thailand Tigers
· Lao Elephants Falangs Team
Format of Competition
Each 12 man team will play each other once in a round robin. Top two finishing teams will play off in a Grand Final to claim the Vientiane Cup.
Each match will have 2 x 15 minute halves with a 10 minute interval between halves and matches.
The toss of the coin for each match will determine to which end the teams will kick. The toss will take place at the beginning of each match.
A field umpire, and goal umpires will be provided for each game arranged by the Lao Elephants for the tournaments duration. Non-playing teams are to provide 2 representatives for boundary umpire duties. In the event where there are insufficient match officials, it will be requested to provide additional representatives for non-playing teams.
Game times below:
12:45 – Lao Elephants Nationals V Thailand Tigers
13:35 – Thailand Tigers V Lao Elephants Falangs
14:25 – Lao Elephants Falangs V Lao Elephants Nationals
15:35 – Vientiane Cup Grand Final
1. There is no limit to the size of squads which each team may wish to bring for the Competition. Each team may have 12 players only on the field at any one time. Interchange (unlimited) must be done through the designated interchange area.
2. At centre bounces there may only be 3 players within the designated centre square.
3. As the size of the venue is shorter than standard grounds, the competition rules have been modified. Goals may only be kicked from within the 30m arc from free play. Goals may be kicked from outside of this zone if the player is awarded a mark or free kick within the zone. If a ball is kicked through the goals outside of these rules, a point will be awarded.
4. Each round robin match will consist of 2 x 15 minutes halves, with a 10 minute half time break. There will be a 30 minute break between the conclusion of the round robin competition and the grand final. The Vientiane Cup Grand Final will be 2 x 20 minutes halves, with a 10 minute half time break.
5. Announcements will be made for the next teams to be ready during HALF TIME of each match. Each team must be ready for its match at the completion of the previous match.
6. Except for unavoidable interruptions, the time keeper/scorer will start the clock at the designated commencement time for each match. There will be no time on.
7. A send off rule applies and will be at the discretion of the Central Umpire/s. Guidelines for when an Umpire will enforce a ‘send off’, will be provided to the Team Representatives prior to the competition. It is expected that all Captains and Team Representatives will support the Umpires’ decision to send off any player to whom the send off rule is applied. No replacement can be made for a player who has been sent off for the remainder of that match.
8. A 15 metres penalty rule shall be enforced for this tournament.
The following awards will be presented at Vientiane Cup at the Post Event Function:
1. Vientiane Cup will be presented to the Captain of the winning team
2. Best player of the Grand Final (voted by panel)*
3. Player of the Vientiane Cup competition (voted by panel)*
4. Best Lao/Thai local national player award
* For player of the tournament and player of the Grand Final, it is proposed that a selected panel will give 3, 2 and 1 votes for the best players in each match. Each team will be asked to provide a non playing representative to be on this panel.